Shark tooth?

Jeremykheng

Welcome to the forum.  You've come to the right place for good advice. 

While this conglomerate rock has a remarkably similar shape to a shark's tooth, I'm afraid it is simply a rock with a very similar shape.

To get an idea of what the detailed morphology of shark's teeth looks like, I suggest you do a web search for shark's teeth and click images.  You might also want to search this forum site using "shark teeth".  I'm sure you'll be flooded with former posts regarding this site that contain informative images of sharks' teeth.

North Carolina is a great place to hunt for sharks' teeth.  If you do a forum search on North Carolina, you will get a sense of where to look and what to look for.

Again, welcome to the forum - and keep searching.  It's a rush when you start finding the teeth.  And there are a lot to be found in NC.

It’s not a sharks tooth but there may be some fossils mixed in with everything else. I tried blowing up the picture but it gets too blurry to make out so I can’t tell for sure.

Not a shark tooth, but the conglomerate seems to have some fossil fragments in it. A photo that's focused on the specimen instead of the dime would be helpful.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!