Paraloid B-72 practical tips

JohnBrewer

2 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

Found a paper today using Paraloid B-72. It’s a very useful read for any that prep

Most enlightening -- Thank you.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Thanks for posting this. I’m about to start using b-72 (when I find some) and that has a lot of good information!

37 minutes ago, Randyw said:

Thanks for posting this. I’m about to start using b-72 (when I find some) and that has a lot of good information!

Available online at our favorite auction site. Rather large quantities for the average collector. You might want to split with another collector.

Mark.

16 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

Available online at our favorite auction site. Rather large quantities for the average collector. You might want to split with another collector.

I haven’t used that site in a decade or better. I may just end up waiting for some to show up in the for sale section here. I was a day late pulling the trigger the last time some showed up. But thanks for the info! If not shows up I may go back to trying them.

4 minutes ago, Randyw said:

I haven’t used that site in a decade or better. I may just end up waiting for some to show up in the for sale section here. I was a day late pulling the trigger the last time some showed up. But thanks for the info! If not shows up I may go back to trying them.

You can check with U of N in Lincoln and ask where they get it.

Mark.

8 minutes ago, Randyw said:

TALAS?

Yup. Here's their website. They are a museum and library conservation supply company in New York.

2 pounds of Paraloid B72 with shipping to Dallas was just under $50. this will yield approximately 15 gallons of consolidation solution. That will last a long time even with the amount of prep I do. A little bit of pure plastic goes a long way!

• I found this Informative 2