Fossils for trade

dinosaur man

Hi here is some fossils I’m willing to trade Here is some small crinoid stems from Belleville area ontario next is some horn coral from Ontarios side of Lake Erie from a Devonian reef next is a Madagascar ammonite with colours of pink orange and yellow from mineralization and then I have fossilized fish skin and some other cool unknown Devonian fossils from the same area the horn coral came from and all I want is just anything cool any kind of fossil I don’t have yet thanks.

994FC969-32A0-4CED-ADEA-77C3C0541DC6.jpeg

6BE5F1B9-D43B-4529-8CF7-60B8ABEB3F11.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

I do question if two of the pieces pictured in your first image (the grey ones) are actually crinoid given that they seem to have vertical striations that would possibly make them better candidates for being coral. 

I think it would be useful to post a clearer image of the "fossilized fish skin" and speak to where it was found. At present, if these were found in Devonian sediments in Ontario, they do not resemble placoderm material, but more like coralites belonging to a tabulate (colonial) coral.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Im at work right now but as soon as I get home I will see what I have for trade that you might be interested in and I'll post pictures and/or PM you.

Do you still have that mammal jaw for trade? I know it's not a fossil but honestly I kinda thought that was neat if your willing to trade.

Just wondering how are we supposed to trade 

You have some really cool fossils there young man, why don’t you PM me your address and I can send you out a small package next week of fossils and you just hold onto the ones you have, I do not need anything in trade.

• I found this Informative 4

21 minutes ago, dinosaur man said:

Just wondering how are we supposed to trade 

It’s simple. You agree on what you are trading to each other. Then on private message you tell other your addresses then you carefully box up the fossils with bubble wrap and mail them to each other.

• I found this Informative 4

Sorry but I’ll have to get back to you guys tomorrow :(

No worries dinosaur man. Just get back to us when you can. 

I think I may just do like Nimravis. I don't have a great collection, but if you are interested, I have some shell fossil fragments of different species I could send to you for free, including a tiny shark tooth, and a tiny and fragmented mosasaur tip. It is not much but it would add some variety to your collection :) 

12 minutes ago, dinosaur man said:

Sorry but I’ll have to get back to you guys tomorrow :(

I think you should ask your mom to help you out . I have had some very nice fossil of both caldigger and Nimravis they are among the kindest members on the forum. 

• I found this Informative 3

I’m sorry but my mom doesn’t want me to trade it’s just because she doesn’t like me to give away my address again I’m am so sorry :(

sorry everyone so far but my mom is thinking about it right now hopefully she says yes but when I get the ok I will get back to you

• I found this Informative 2

Yeah thanks everyone so far it’s just my mom worry’s a lot 

19 minutes ago, dinosaur man said:

it’s just my mom worry’s a lot

Your mom’s just trying to do her job and protect you. I’m sorry to say In this day and age it’s easy and dangerous for the wrong people to get your address. Let her look over the forum if she’s interested. Once she gets to know us she may change her mind or if she has access to a P.O. Box or like allosaurus suggested her work address then that would be a safe and neutral solution.

• I found this Informative 6

The other possibility is a postal service known as "general delivery". Package can be sent to a post office in a town or city and the person picks it up at the post office. Person's name and the location of the post office is all that's needed.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!