I would like to know exactly what this is. Tooth, bone, antler piece? I don't know but completely fascinated 

20190808_150321.jpg

20190808_154149.jpg

Welcome to TFF! :) 

Neat looking piece. Could you take a picture of the ends? Looking straight at them?

Also, how big is it? Knowing would be helpful in narrowing down the ID.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

FossilNerd it is a little less than an inch long . I found it at the w.M. Browning cretaceous fossil park in prentiss county Mississippi.  I hope these pics help.

20190808_172520.jpg

20190808_172459.jpg

This picture makes it look kinda shiny like enamel.  Maybe a Mosasaur tooth or something like that. ? :shrug:

20190808_160339.png

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, Nashoba2019 said:

FossilNerd it is a little less than an inch long . I found it at the w.M. Browning cretaceous fossil park in prentiss county Mississippi.  I hope these pics help.

20190808_172520.jpg 20190808_172459.jpg

Which end is this? They are both the same picture.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

4 minutes ago, caldigger said:

This picture makes it look kinda shiny like enamel.  Maybe a Mosasaur tooth or something like that?

I see what you mean. It does look tooth-ish to me too. Maybe someone that knows more about teeth than I do will chime in. It wouldn’t take much. Lol

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 hour ago, Nashoba2019 said:

I hope these pics help.

20190808_172520.jpg 20190808_172459.jpg

I appreciate you taking the extra time to take a few more photos, but these are not very helpful I’m afraid. :unsure:

They are too dark and not nearly close enough. If we could get some close up, in focus, pictures of both ends it would be more helpful. Using a lot of light (natural sunlight is best) would also help. Seeing the finer details is often the only way to get a confident ID. 

20 hours ago, caldigger said:

Which end is this? They are both the same picture.

It's a photo of the dark side. mwahahahaha! :D

Seriously though, the last photo in this post shows some flat-ish facets on three sides. Never saw anything like that before. Have no clue.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

6 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

Not getting an ichthyosaur vibe here :unsure:

Agreed, I read the WM Browning park is the Demopolis formation which is Campanian. Out of the range for ichthyosaurs.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

It is an oddly preserved Scapanorhynchus crown.

• I found this Informative 1

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal