Jackson g

Good evening, I recently picked this up on one of my hikes I took a couple days ago in Benton County, Missouri. It was in thick woods and pretty shady, so I really wasn't able to make out anything but crinoid bits. I almost chucked it away, but thought I would keep it anyway and I'm glad I did. No apparent formation around but it appears to be Burlington/Keokuk crinoidal limestone. I'm not much of a gastropod fellow, but this appears to be one to me (possibly Straparolus?). I haven't done much prep, just enough to see the lines I saw after scrubbing it with a toothbrush and warm soapy water. Not sure if it could be id'd at this stage or even when I fully prep it (maybe too weathered?), but i figured it would be worth asking others, thanks in advance.

Jackson G

20190808_213352.jpg

20190808_213309.jpg

20190808_213117.jpg

20190808_213254.jpg

Try looking at #2579 May 29, 1975 American Museum Novitates. They picture a few gastropods that mimic yours.

Platyschisma laudoni

Straparollus obtusus

These are from the Kinderhook formation, not Burlington

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks for the lead! Platyschisma laudoni does look like a good contender, I feel more prep might need to be done for a better id. There is a lot of Osagean material close by (Uphill of where I was) so it's completely possible it could be part of the Kinderhookian series. I just went with my gut feeling due to the appearance of the limestone. I suppose I'll have to go back sometime and check out that wooded area more. Too bad its covered in 2-3 foot grass and ticks galore!