Swapping Abbey Wood fossil matrix

Ojnoj2

Is anybody interested in a straight up swap, some of your matrix for some of mine?

Mine's from Abbey Wood, Kent, England. Eocene shark beds, so 54MYA shark, Ray, pike, occasional turtle, croc and very rarely (although I’ve found a few pieces) mammal. It’s been wet sieved, dried out, and totally unsearched!

I'm not interested in any money crossing hands, just matrix for matrix. Apparently my photos are too large to be uploaded but can email photos of my finds and the matrix. 

Let me know if you’re interested :)

• I found this Informative 1

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like some interesting matrix for trading. The postage for shipping heavy boxes across the pond tends to get prohibitive but hopefully you'll get some takers in country or nearby.

Photos of what the unsearched matrix looks like and images of sample finds would be helpful in advertising this tempting sounding matrix offer. High resolution imagery from modern smartphone cameras can tend to be too large to post directly here on the forum. You should be able to email yourself the images to make them smaller. Most smartphones give you the option of reducing the resolution or compressing the image to make it more lightweight. This is a simple way of shrinking the images that doesn't require computer software like Photoshop. You can reply to this topic adding some photos.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 2

I can testify to the richness of the matrix to have an idea what fossils can be found you can find my thread in fossil trips (this was with a sieving time of around 1 1/2 hours). :) 

Just how much ( volume/ weight wise ) are you wanting to trade.  ie: kilo for kilo or ?

• 2 weeks later...

I traded some matrix with Jo...well I believe my package to him is still in transit but my package arrived today.  :default_clap2: I haven't 'dig' in yet but just popping the lid off one of the containers and I was greeted by some lovely teeth and shells.  I will definitely have to do a 'trip report' when I get to spend some time searching it. Attached is what I had looking back at me.IMG_20190821_192126544.thumb.jpg.b3ed938f611aa97536ece9ca137e67b4.jpg