A possible cat claw?

Darko

Thanks for the closer images. Given the irregularity of the shape, absence of symmetry, and lack of much by way of any diagnostic detail, it still appears non-fossil geologic to me. 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I was thinking the same that it could be geologic, but it isn't. If some of you would took this and see in person, it's clear that is some sort of bone. At the end of this "Claw" is some kind of a little hole with a perfect sharp line. I can't took better photos, cause this is the best i could. Also it's not worn like a soil, or heavy like a rock. It's very light.

12 minutes ago, Kane said:

Thanks for the closer images. Given the irregularity of the shape, absence of symmetry, and lack of much by way of any diagnostic detail, it still appears non-fossil geologic to me. 

Well it's clear that is not a fossil, i was talking all the time about archeologic stuff and locality where i found bunch of stuff. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Darko said:

Well it's clear that is not a fossil, i was talking all the time about archeologic stuff and locality where i found bunch of stuff. Thanks.

Ah, therein may lie the confusion as this was posted in Fossil ID.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

10 minutes ago, Kane said:

Ah, therein may lie the confusion as this was posted in Fossil ID.

:dinothumb:

5d507ad0adf37_IMG_02511.JPG.637a66ca93ad835d2bcdad3f5ead2c83.jpg

5d507af44e928_IMG_02501.JPG.fc91ab9140ca16eb8b7227fb882bd6fb.jpg

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

9 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

5d507ad0adf37_IMG_02511.JPG.637a66ca93ad835d2bcdad3f5ead2c83.jpg  5d507af44e928_IMG_02501.JPG.fc91ab9140ca16eb8b7227fb882bd6fb.jpg

9 hours ago, Xiphactinus said:

another vote for claw-shaped rock.

And i can still say that it's not some claw-shaped rock or even rock at all. It is a bone and that's for sure, i didn't said that is a claw but i see clearly that is some sort of bone. I also clean the extra dirt from it, and i can also see that is a spongy bone because of some little holes in it, so it's not a rock. I respect different opinions of you guys but it just can't be a rock. 

1 hour ago, Darko said:

And i can still say that it's not some claw-shaped rock or even rock at all. It is a bone and that's for sure, i didn't said that is a claw but i see clearly that is some sort of bone. I also clean the extra dirt from it, and i can also see that is a spongy bone because of some little holes in it, so it's not a rock. I respect different opinions of you guys but it just can't be a rock. 

I think then that we will unfortunately have to agree to disagree.

It seems that the general consensus here, based upon the provided data, is that it is not a claw at all, but may be something geological in nature. (I too think a suggestively shaped rock) 

However, I agree with what you said earlier:

15 hours ago, Darko said:

If some of you would took this and see in person, it's clear that is some sort of bone.

It may be necessary to have this in hand to see the level of detail that you do. Identifying something from pictures is difficult at the best of times, and impossible at the worst. Even with the best pictures possible (i.e. best lighting, angle, focus, etc.) it still can be a monumental task to identify some items.

I would suggest showing it to someone at a local museum or university that can see it up close and in person. Maybe they can better assess the specimen for ID.

Good luck, and let us know if you get a positive ID. Curious minds want to know! Personally, I hope you prove us wrong. ;) 

• I found this Informative 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 hour ago, FossilNerd said:

I think then that we will unfortunately have to agree to disagree.

It seems that the general consensus here, based upon the provided data, is that it is not a claw at all, but may be something geological in nature. (I too think a suggestively shaped rock) 

However, I agree with what you said earlier:

It may be necessary to have this in hand to see the level of detail that you do. Identifying something from pictures is difficult at the best of times, and impossible at the worst. Even with the best pictures possible (i.e. best lighting, angle, focus, etc.) it still can be a monumental task to identify some items.

I would suggest showing it to someone at a local museum or university that can see it up close and in person. Maybe they can better assess the specimen for ID.

Good luck, and let us know if you get a positive ID. Curious minds want to know! Personally, I hope you prove us wrong. ;) 

Thanks for understanding! I will show to some experts for vertebrates at my university and we will see. I hope i will have answers soon as possible and i will let you know.

Thanks everyone for help, much appreciated !

Darko

• I found this Informative 1