mystery fossil from NNY

emmag15

I was looking through some old family videos and I stumbled across this one with a pretty cool fossil— my family and I were never able to figure out what it was. It was about a foot long (that was my small hand in the first photo— for scale.) Any insights are greatly appreciated!!

88F7F705-F4DD-4F9A-AA21-E8A0A187B8BA.jpeg

Here’s another one— it’s a pretty interesting one, in my opinion. Found in the same area. The picture is pretty bad, but any help is greatly appreciated!!

40C57CBD-8AEC-43BC-81CD-2C197704A5A4.jpeg

Alright, here are two more photos. I apologize for the awful quality, these are from cassette tape videos from a little over ten years ago...  I’d assume that these are both nautiloids as well? In the second picture the thing I’m most curious about is the circular/oval outlines... would they be cross sections of smaller nautiloids?

F1057607-F065-42B5-B0F6-A2B0392B83AB.jpeg

E414E532-0E29-4522-B71C-0649E2591988.jpeg

First one of the two additional photos looks the cross-section of a gastropod (snail-like shell), and the second is an orthocone nautiloid (the long thing in the middle) surrounded by cross-sections of various gastropods and bivalves and possibly nautiloids. Not enough detail to be really sure.

• I found this Informative 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!