Upper or Lower Megalodon teeth

Captcrunch227

Hey guys. I picked this tooth up recently and have delved into the world of Meg teeth. I’ve been trying to identify the position of this tooth. I am having great trouble finding a way to properly identify lower vs upper teeth.

I read some things that say it’s all in the root, V shaped is lower and U shaped is upper. Other things I’ve read are no it’s all in the curve of the tooth, uppers curve outwards while lowers curve inwards. So can someone help me out and teach me how to spot the differences and properly identify these teeth? 

And any idea on my tooth’s position? I had it as an upper A2 initially but now I’m not so sure. It measures 6-1/16” on the slant.

Thanks y’all!

D2264241-9CB3-4627-85EB-420DE5C2ECE2.jpeg

432E24C0-00E0-48EF-AFF4-3AC3DB7874B5.jpeg

Figure two Here is an associated set of meg teeth, in case you find it useful.

• I found this Informative 3

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Figure two Here is an associated set of meg teeth, in case you find it useful.

Thank you that is helpful. I think I still have questions in identifying the differences but I do see the differences in that picture. It’s just that when looking at an isolated tooth it becomes much harder without other teeth as a vantage point. 

If you compare to the living great white shark, it has broader upper teeth and narrower, pointed lower teeth. That's the pattern I notice in Meg teeth as well.