Possibly crab? Kristianstad basin

Linus

The 'shell' appears to be sponge-bored, which might suggest mollusk.

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

1 hour ago, FossilDAWG said:

For certain not a Protocallianassa.

Don

Why? The only images I find on that speices is the claws. Did they have a soft body?

1 hour ago, Auspex said:

The 'shell' appears to be sponge-bored, which might suggest mollusk.

Good point. Spore-bored would mean it is of calcerous origin? It’s all calcerous here...

The shell is very very thin. Thats why I was thinking in the line of crab.

"shell" is possibly too thick for a crab but can also see the resemblance. Another possibility might be a very worn and broken echinoid. I can almost see the pores lining up on your specimen. 

• I found this Informative 1

59 minutes ago, Plax said:

"shell" is possibly too thick for a crab but can also see the resemblance. Another possibility might be a very worn and broken echinoid. I can almost see the pores lining up on your specimen. 

The images does not really show how thin it is. I upload another image that makes more justice to the thickness. Still I think they are thinner than this image shows.

I noticed the ”spores” also. But the do not seem to have any holes in them. They more look like coloring? They are slightly elevated rather than indent?

409F54CF-A0D0-4AC5-916B-1141F64D31EE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Linus said:

Why? The only images I find on that speices is the claws. Did they have a soft body?

Yes.  The callianassids have a poorly mineralized body that is rarely preserved, so the great majority of fossil species are known only from their claws.

Don

• I found this Informative 2