daves64

I recently bought a box of fossils from @Bone Daddy that included a "grab bag" of items found in the Peace River. One of them is odd looking, at least to me. 6.5 cm long x 3.75 cm wide x 2 cm at its thickest. Its got enough curves & slopes that my camera wasn't sure where to focus & I have no photo stacking software, so please bear with me. Not sure if it's just really odd weathering or how this particular bone looks normally, but the under side has sort of ripples running the length of it, all joining at a "point". Pics are of the top, bottom, both sides & 2 of the butt end, 1 of which is a close up. No idea if this is anything special or not, but that's why I'm here. Awesome or dud, either way, it's mine & special for that. :D So now.. on with the pics.  Not sure why 2 of them rotated, but.. 

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Last 2 pics. The "butt" [pics.. 

6.JPG

7.JPG

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

I remember this one.  It's a weird specimen and I wasn't sure what to make of it. It ended up in my "chunkasaurus" box where I keep all of my unidentifiable bone chunks. I just can't bring myself to toss them back into the river. I hope that maybe one day somebody will see one and be able to identify it. And they make good trade bait for folks who don't have easy access to Pleistocene megafauna. I don't know what it is, but based on the size, I am guessing it came from something large - either a whale if it's marine, or something like a mammoth if it's a land critter.