hittingthebeds

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

A couple things, so my family and I are taking a trip to Myrtle Beach the last week of August and I would really like to do some fossil hunting while I'm down there to get a break from the Devonian up here in NY. So I have a couple questions.

1. I know that the obvious choice here is shark tooth hunting on the beach, which I definitely plan on doing, I bought a really nice snorkeling mask to do a little bit of searching in the water itself. My question is what is the best method of searching for shark teeth on the beach, and what should I be looking for in order to find the teeth? I know there's the sifting method which I will definitely implement, but I would just like to know what I am looking for, is there a section of the beach that generally has them more frequently when tides are low, just some helpful tips, hoping to nab a Meg tooth, but I know my odds are low. 

2. Beyond just shark tooth hunting, I would like to go inland and do some searching as well, so are there any rivers, streams, creeks, etc. within an hour of the Myrtle Beach area where I could do some hunting as well? Any fossils at all would be very cool to bring back from the area so I just want to make sure I have the best chances of finding something worth bringing back. 

Thanks,

Hittingthebeds