My New T Rex Tooth

Dracarys

Just got back my online purchased T Rex tooth. Bought it last month and then sent it off to my prepper to do some minimal clean up/work. It's back and so excited for you all to see! The tooth is 3.6 inches and is a shed maxillary tooth with a small piece of the root. It has great serrations and I especially love the worn tip. This tooth did some work! The person selling it obtained it from Hell Creek but thought it was a BIG nanotyrannus tooth. I paid a premium for a nano tooth but definitely cheap since it turned out to be Rex. I told him it was Rex after I received it and he was happy nonetheless. Special thanks to @Troodon for the advice given. 

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

• I found this Informative 6

A Great acquisition! Congratulations!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I can tell this is a "white glove" acquisition for you.  Looks real nice. 

How do you intend to display it?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

I can tell this is a "white glove" acquisition for you.  Looks real nice. 

How do you intend to display it?

Not sure. Maybe w one of the 3D display? Do you have any experience with those? Any suggestions otherwise?

I use these film cases for special items including larger teeth, easy to use they come in various sizes.  Very effective, avoids handling which keeps teeth safe.

5d5695a14a73e_-3(5).thumb.jpg.02f46ac4b866c8e8f9a126efbae4c55f.jpg

On 8/16/2019 at 7:41 AM, Troodon said:

I use these film cases for special items including larger teeth, easy to use they come in various sizes.  Very effective, avoids handling which keeps teeth safe.

5d5695a14a73e_-3(5).thumb.jpg.02f46ac4b866c8e8f9a126efbae4c55f.jpg

I have seen these before. Where is the best price and what size do you recommend w a 3 1/2 inch tooth. Thanks!

I bought mine on online under 3D jewelry display cases. I dont recall the sizes since some come with a horizontal mount others at a diagional.   You dont want the edges to close.

For a very, very brief fraction of a second I thought you where referring to a tooth. And I was like "What?" :headscratch: 

• I found this Informative 1

On 8/16/2019 at 10:55 AM, Abstraktum said:

For a very, very brief fraction of a second I thought you where referring to a tooth. And I was like "What?" :headscratch: 

If only! :default_rofl:

A famous selling site who’s name sounds like a river and starts with an A sells them too. In various sizes

3 hours ago, Randyw said:

A famous selling site who’s name sounds like a river and starts with an A sells them too. In various sizes

Haha! Solved!