LordTrilobite

A really nice job.  Very impressive.   Ive had some real fun putting fossil puzzles back together so Im assuming that you had lot of fun doing this.   My only question is, Did you know it was a complete specimen to begin with?

RB

All the good word have already been used by the others, so ditto to what they all said.

You did a real good job putting humpty dumpty back together!:thumbsu:

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

2 hours ago, RJB said:

A really nice job.  Very impressive.   Ive had some real fun putting fossil puzzles back together so Im assuming that you had lot of fun doing this.   My only question is, Did you know it was a complete specimen to begin with?

RB

For the most part yes. When I bought it I had photos that showed it in one piece but had a rough glue job. It arrived in the post in pieces.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Some more progress.

The puzzling was done. So now I've done some putty work to fill in some gaps. I thought it had just a bit too many gaps and there were also some fragile parts.

I've mainly filled some of the main gaps for pieces I didn't have or could glued back. But I still wanted to show that the bone has been crushed and thus will look more slender. So many of the cracks around the deltopectoral crest are still visible. I have not filled in the large shallow gap on the back next to the sheared proximal end. Just in case I still want to remove this some day and place it back in it's original position I figured I'd leave that gap next to it intact as well.

The next step is to paint the new filled in parts.

hadrosaur_humerus50.thumb.jpg.91ac0e60d0ff1dbb38bda0ab46246a7e.jpghadrosaur_humerus51.thumb.jpg.1243a61b1502e9769547605e763f69e1.jpghadrosaur_humerus52.thumb.jpg.8c947e665896df1c9be0128f59ea00b4.jpghadrosaur_humerus53.thumb.jpg.b87a2f6c1b4121a8a3e48ace59d3290c.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...

And it's done! I have painted the putty so that it's less obvious. Though it's still visible which parts are restored, just the way I like it.

Saurolphinae_humerusR01.jpg.f16993c876a3

• I found this Informative 4

That's a specimen to be proud of, especially with all the work you put into it!! 

The way you molded and painted the putty looks perfect to me. I feel better informed when I can see where the restorations are.

Well-done-banner-50.gif.c96b40421301082964a266e180ae34bf.gif

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.