Take advantage?! Cheap container storage!!!

Steve D.

Hey-Oh!!!!

I found some little neat containers for super cheap and thought I'd share what and where!

First pics are from Walmart's Back 2 School section. These were $1 dollar each. They are stackable, have two latches for containment and are great for smaller finds that are worth separating out and isolation. 

Second are classic plastic cotton ball containers that were being merchandised as small screw containers at Mendards. These come in two sizes (can't remember what) and they are $1.88 per container. I like these for separating my new finds that are smaller and need to soak in vinegar/etc... to further break down any matrix. OR as another source of stackable containers. 

Let me know your thoughts in the comments!!! :)

Steve 

• I found this Informative 2

Trader Joe’s in the Phoenix area has been selling these classic recyclable 12 compartment containers for less than one dollar. They throw in a dozen eggs with every purchase.

EE176F29-1B48-448B-88E4-FA6EE4BA880E.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

On 8/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, DPS Ammonite said:

Trader Joe’s in the Phoenix area has been selling these classic recyclable 12 compartment containers for less than one dollar. The throw in a dozen eggs with every purchase.

EE176F29-1B48-448B-88E4-FA6EE4BA880E.jpeg

Not eggs, just albino concretions.

Better luck next time! :P

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Not eggs, just concretions.

Better luck next time! :P

:heartylaugh:

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:39 PM, DPS Ammonite said:

Trader Joe’s in the Phoenix area has been selling these classic recyclable 12 compartment containers for less than one dollar. They throw in a dozen eggs with every purchase.

:default_rofl:

A heck of a lot less exspensive than a $500 stainless steel and glass cabinet but  im gunna stick with the cabinet.    Back in the day I did use the lessor exspensive way.   Getting older and having a bit more  money helps but you really do have a good idea.  :)

RB

DSCN1814.JPG

On 8/27/2019 at 6:39 PM, RJB said:

A heck of a lot less exspensive than a $500 stainless steel and glass cabinet but  im gunna stick with the cabinet.    Back in the day I did use the lessor exspensive way.   Getting older and having a bit more  money helps but you really do have a good idea.  :)

RB

DSCN1814.JPG

With that much time and money invested in those crabs I would have a nice display also. 

• I found this Informative 1

On 27/08/2019 at 11:39 PM, RJB said:

RB

What a beautiful looking cabinet, some lovely looking fossils as well. Looks great :D

• I found this Informative 1

On 8/17/2019 at 12:13 PM, Steve D. said:

Hey-Oh!!!!

I found some little neat containers for super cheap and thought I'd share what and where!

First pics are from Walmart's Back 2 School section. These were $1 dollar each. They are stackable, have two latches for containment and are great for smaller finds that are worth separating out and isolation. 

I buy similar things at Goodwill, I agree, they are great for various sized fossils- thanks for posting.

Don't forget to browse your local dollar store.

I used to get these 3" x 4" locking containers in packs of 4 for a dollar ( .25 ea.) They would come in various colors and I have used these for several years and they still work and lock perfectly.

I think they got wise to the deal and they are now .50 ea. But still a bargin at that price.

20190909_185142.jpg

20190909_185050.jpg