Rockwood

Cool, mostly parallel lines in slate. Could be geologic or biologic depending on how metamorphosis treated your slate. 

I did find a quote from a Google book search that basically said no useable fossils have been found in that formation. But yours could be the first.

The lines, with distinct forms, at right angles to each other, are common there although more often on separate bedding plains. I assume them to be from tectonic movements related to the closing of the Iapetus.  

The roundish shapes in a wrinkled bedding is more what I'm questioning as fossils. 

googled the age as early Devonian for the formation. Perhaps some poorly preserved brachs survived the metamorphosis if the blobs are all the same size. An ichno fossil is probably more likely.

The surface almost looks like a chattering slickenside if there is such a thing. Or perhaps the light colored vertical bars were high spots in a wave feature that were ground when the slab was slid.

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, Plax said:

An ichno fossil is probably more likely.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, Scylla said:

But yours could be the first.

Redemption for all the times I come up empty in a formation that is supposed to have graptolites in it. :)