Bones found in my Fathers Barn

billhewitt

Hello everyone,

I am new to the group.  I was cleaning my fathers barn this weekend and discovered these three fossils.  He is very elderly but he said they were found on Whidbey Island in Washington.  He thought they were Mammoth teeth.  We did not know what the fang is from.  Or is it a mammoth tusk?  Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks

Bill

Bones.jpg

Can we have more pictures of each item individually with a ruler or something for scale? It's nearly impossible to give a proper identification without multiple view points or a size reference. Also welcome to the forum! :)

Yes I can,  I just read the post about doing just that.  Probably should have read it first:)  I will get them posted after work tonite.

the tusk or tooth is about 1 to 1.5 ft long.  The middle tooth is about a foot and the last is about six inches (if I am remembering right).

I will get additional pictures posted asap.

thanks

Bill

• I found this Informative 1

The "fang" looks more likely to be a horn of some sort. More photos from other angles would be helpful. Some photos outside in bright light (for sharper focus) and with some sort of scale would be helpful.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

The more I look at it, the more I'm getting a feeling that the "tusk" is actually some sort of bovine horn.

EDIT: Ken beat me to it, lol