Tooth - real or fake?

Hey guys! Bought a Meg tooth from a trusted seller for my soon, but for some reason I want to confirm it is real. Here are a couple images. It is about 5.6inch in length and weights 1lb 8oz or 0.6kg. Looks great when I hold it but as you know they make great fakes... so if anyone can spot something please let me know. Thanks!

2.jpg

1.jpg

I would think if it were repaired or enhanced, they would have fixed the dings in the enamel. 

It's a nice tooth, with some dings and enamel peel. Nice, but not perfect. 

My vote is on it being real. 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks Tim! Yeah it's "No repairs or restoration" based on seller note. But since I never had one in my hand just want to make sure. 

A very impressive sized tooth!

Now that he is spoiled, any smaller teeth from here on out will seem sub par. :P

If he doesn't like it send it to me, I will give it a good home. :raindance:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

I had a friend once, but the wheels fell off. Sad, very sad. - Nightwing

Looks real to me. Some chipping on the edge, and a little enamel peeling, but still a nice tooth. I’d be proud to own it. Should make your son happy. :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Thank you guys for helping me with this. Based on your response it should be real and I am very glad to hear that. 

Now is your son old enough to gain the concept of just how big this shark would have been? :o

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

Now is your son old enough to gain the concept of just how big this shark would have been? :o

Have him stand next to a school bus & then you can explain the similarities in size. Not the short bus though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

I had a friend once, but the wheels fell off. Sad, very sad. - Nightwing