hokietech96

Shark Tooth Storage

hokietech96

Hi.  Only 2-3 days into the forum.  I have spent a lot of time reading and its making me rethink how I store my shark teeth.  I have about 800 teeth stored glass jars; 1 jar for FL beach teeth; 1 jar for NJ Beach teeth; 1 for big brook teeth in NJ.  I was thinking of separating all the teeth by type for each area by using a nuts and bolts storage bin.  Anyone use something like this?  Thank you for any thoughts or comments in advance!

Mark 

RBM_10164.jpg

hokietech96

Great feedback!  Thanks!  Haha I had to look up "leverites"  Always learning haha

Brett Breakin' Rocks
1 hour ago, hokietech96 said:

Great feedback!  Thanks!  Haha I had to look up "leverites"  Always learning haha

Haha ... Oh yes.  Leaverites are extremely important the deeper you get into this hobby/vocation. It's good for the next person that comes along.  I think my wife would particularly protest pounds of teeth sitting in jars and collecting dust.  No hording here (ok, a little) :P . But it does help to come home and say "Honey !! .. you shoulda seen the teeth I passed up ... I only came home with these 20 beautiful specimens"

CreepyGrin.jpg.b20b5e7457dd7e9e66589a663a8cd210.jpg

She smiles .. mumbles something about .. that's nice dear .. and we move past it. 

Now, if I had come home with a good sized sack of bone bits and shiny little nibs ... haha

it-will-fit.jpg.f6dc612e9cfe77e7a50cddfa2c2b2493.jpg

caldigger

Hokie, I started out with the nuts and bolts bins like you posted, but it was always a hassle having to open multiple drawers all the time to find the correct one.  

I would definately second the Riker mounts, plastic sorted cases so you can see what is in them and the gem jars for smalls.

I have a good source for the Rikers I can PM you if interested.

P.S. I do still keep the undisplayables I call "Nature's Blems" in a large plastic jar.

hokietech96

That’s great. Yes please PM

Scylla

I would agree with the above posts, but don't let your stegosaurus walk on the Riker boxes, they can break. I keep a lot of batches in zip lock bags with date, finder and location labeled in sharpie marker.