JNem

Theft at Corys Lane

JNem

To all of you reading this please make sure to lock your trucks and watch your gear like a hawk while visiting this place. I am a novice fossil hunter, but I am also an avid surf fisherman and I figured I would give this place a try and hope to find some fossils. When I got there the water looked beautiful and I just so happened to have my fishing gear in my truck so I took it down to the beach with me. After taking a couple of casts I put my rod and reel setup along with my tackle bag along the bluff and decided it was time to look for fossils. I couldn't have been more than 50 yards away from my gear while I was at my farthest point and 10 minutes after putting it down I made my way back to fish again and everything was missing. In the 10 or so minutes I was looking for fossils, somebody swooped down and made off with almost $1,500 of my fishing gear, so everybody PLEASE be extra careful. Always keep your cars locked and do not take your eyes off of any of your valuables for even a second. I am a broke college student who saved up for almost a year to buy my fishing gear and not even a month after finally being able to afford it somebody stole it all. So please do not be stupid like I was and ALWAYS keep your valuables close to you. 

Fossildude19

Sorry to hear this.  :shakehead:

Many of us go fossil hunting in areas that are frequented by other, not so nice people. 

This is a good reminder to not leave things out of reach, when visiting these places. 

Uncle Siphuncle

Sorry for your loss.  I had a truck, pistol, and various tools stolen in one swipe while remote collecting last year.  Fortunately for every worthless piece of filth in the world, there are 99 upstanding citizens.

facehugger

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Never let your guard down. 

Bguild

That's awful :(. I frequent this spot and it's troubling to hear stories like this.

Right by the area where you park there are usually a handful of fishermen down by the shore and people collecting little crabs and such. Further down the beach where the good fossils are there's less public access, but I'll still keep my head on a swivel.