Should I sell polished rocks for equipment.

whovin

I have a rock tumbler I don't use but it is very good. I don't have much fossil hunting equipment. I really want a pick hammer. I only carry a trowel when hunting. This will also boost my fossil hunting luck. 

You might earn more money, faster, if you check with some family friends or relatives, and ask if they have any small jobs you could do for some extra cash.

Remember, your best tool is your knowledge.  Study which kind of rocks or soils contain fossils in your area to really improve your 'luck'.  ;)

• I found this Informative 6

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

On 8/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, JohnJ said:

You might earn more money, faster, if you check with some family friends or relatives, and ask if they have any small jobs you could do for some extra cash.

Remember, your best tool is your knowledge.  Study which kind of rocks or soils contain fossils in your area to really improve your 'luck'.  ;)

you should be a football coach your so encouraging 

• I found this Informative 1

Take a step back, look over your possessions, and determine what you wouldn't miss one bit. Ex. This morning...I sold a piece of yard equipment on Craigslist for $150. I hadn't used the item in three years. 

I bet the average person could easily pocket $500 by selling some of the unused stuff they have lying around.

2 hours ago, Barnaby'sdad said:

I sold a piece of yard equipment on Craigslist for $150. I hadn't used the item in three years. 

Too bad, I'd have given you $200. :P

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

To be honest Whovin,  there really isn't much of a demand for polished rocks ( unless they are semi-precious stones ).

Just about every rock show just gives them away in at least a few of the booths.

It would be kind of like selling bags of sand at the beach.

You will be able to achieve your goals much faster by offering to do odd jobs and such around the neighborhood.  Mow lawns, do yard/garage clean ups, paint fences, walk dogs ( some of these guys make "bank" doing this! ), etc.

Dorensigbadges.JPG