Ammonite fossil or burrow ?

Creek - Don

I found this Ammonite few weeks ago.  Looks like a burrow.  If that is a burrow than I don't see want to waste my time and effort removing from surrounding rock. Too much work for trace fossil.

Thanks

image.png.b2662357880da7ed779b2b253e60c5d6.png

• I found this Informative 1

Unfortunately, I am still too much of a novice to tell if this is a burrow or not. 

If its too much time for you to dig it up, let me know where this beauty is! I'll take it even if it is a burrow :) 

Not a burrow, that looks to be an ammonite impression.

• I found this Informative 2

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

@Creek - Don

Posting aerial images of less known locations on the public forums is not advisable.  This is info that is better shared via PM.  There are many reasons for this, but among them is the unsustainable increase in hunting pressure.  Thus, sites are less enjoyable or productive for those that already have discovered the area.  As a courtesy to those collectors or researchers, it's best to share the info privately.  ;)

• I found this Informative 5

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

27 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@Creek - Don

Posting aerial images of less known locations on the public forums is not advisable.  This is info that is better shared via PM.  There are many reasons for this, but among them is the unsustainable increase in hunting pressure.  Thus, sites are less enjoyable or productive for those that already have discovered the area.  As a courtesy to those collectors or researchers, it's best to share the info privately.  ;)

My sites, my precious, yessssss...:default_rofl:

He's right, though. Tomorrow you would have found the site completely torn up, with a crowd of 20+ people, all chipping away at the formation, destroying the environment and most of the fossils, too...

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

@Creek - Don

Thanks. Sorry this was my bad for asking :(

No fault and no problem...we learn new things every day.  :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

On 8/23/2019 at 2:29 PM, El_Hueso said:

Thanks. Sorry this was my bad for asking :(

Thankfully I saw the post quick enough to get the location...:headscratch: