I may have worms..

daves64

I found these worm like things in a piece of Indonesian amber. The thicker of the two is about 2 mm across & the thin one is just over 3 mm across (coiled length). These are the best pics I could get unfortunately. Both are barely viewable from the other side due to the dark patch. Pics are @ 75x The first 2 are with just the Dino Lite LEDs, the 3rd is that with an additional light source from below. I don't figure I'll get a positive ID, or even anything close, but I brought em to you anyway. The 3rd pic shows the thin one much better in my opinion. Thanks for taking a look.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

See a doctor for a suitable vermifuge for your medical condition. :P

Those amber-locked items to have a fairly "wormy" look to them but I will put forth another possibility unencumbered by the thought process and with virtually no experience with amber. ;) I wonder if those might not be vegetative in manner. I can see a flower bract or similar thin piece of vegetation curling like that as it dries and then getting caught up in sap to be preserved in that shape. Others with actual experience in amber preservation will want to chime in for a more learned opinion.

Cheers.

-Ken

One of your simian ancestors was peeling a banana disposing of those stringy things from up above. :zzzzscratchchin:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

17 minutes ago, caldigger said:

One of your simian ancestors was peeling a banana disposing of those stringy things from up above. :zzzzscratchchin:

Hey now.... you're the one with the monkey uncle. :heartylaugh:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Managed a couple different pics. 1st one is using just a black light. The 2nd is the Dino Lite set at 50% light with another light source below. The black light shows the swirly flow patterns around the objects. Might be plant, might be worm, might be one of each. :shrug:

4.jpg

5.jpg