Strange, Unique Fossilized Tooth - Please Help to ID

TBLAST

Hey Everyone -  I hope someone can provide some insight and help me identify this fossil. I would really appreciate it!

I found this strange looking tooth (at least I think it is) a few years ago in San Antonio, Texas. It feels and looks like a rock as far as texture goes but it's shaped very similar to an animal tooth. I've attached photos for reference and labeled each one:

• Front
  • Back
  • Side
  • Front Height - 5 inches (12.7 centimeters)
  • Front Width - 4.5 inches (11.43 centimeters)

I've also attached a Geology Map of Texas which outlines where rocks of various geologic ages are visible on the surface of Texas today. On the map, I circled in yellow the location of where San Antonio, Texas is for reference. Hopefully it can provide more insight for you.

I'm not even close to a geology expert but limestone is very prominent in San Antonio. The city is also home to The Edwards Aquifer which may or may not be useful.  I'd be happy to answer any questions and I can also take additional pictures if needed. Looking forward to hearing back from you all!

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Front Height.jpg

Front Width.jpg

Side.jpg

Geology Map of Texas.PNG

I don't think this is a tooth. Way too big and not the correct shape for a root me thinks.

It might be an oddball spur/ bone or most likely geologic. Eroding limestone can make some pretty bizarre shapes!  Rather hard to pin down from just photos.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I agree.  This is just some of the crazy shaped limestone that occurs in the San Antonio area.  If you looked at it under magnification, you can probably see bits of shell in cross section.  

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ