Identification Help

Rockjunkie717

I found these rocks between Ashland, Wisconsin and Little Girls Point in Michigan. There was so much rock hunting that day, I lost track of exactly where! Picture 2 (the tan colored) that's posted in the comments, is a coral fossil on the back. Shown is the front, I've never seen something like that before. Please share your knowledge, it's greatly appreciated!

IMG_20190829_103259.jpg

Photo one is no fossil, just some sedimentary rock with calcite veins.

Pic 2 is too blurry to tell, you need to choose a flat and unicolour pad. Put the piece on it and focus on the piece. 

Maybe some button coral or brachiopod....

21 hours ago, Pemphix said:

Photo one is no fossil, just some sedimentary rock with calcite veins.

Pic 2 is too blurry to tell, you need to choose a flat and unicolour pad. Put the piece on it and focus on the piece. 

Maybe some button coral or brachiopod....

This is the best I could do as far as picture quality, I'm sorry if it's not any better. The top and bottom "circles" are actually loops. Almost looks like a very unsemetric infinity symbol. The "fossil" is also covered in tiny vertical dots. 

IMG_20190830_082345.jpg

Edited by Rockjunkie717

The new picture is some better.  When I magnify the image, I see the cells (vertical dots) of what I believe is a bryozoan attached to a round stone.

Notice the very bottom edge. I think it defines the shape of the base of a fenestrate bryozoan colony. The fan pointing down as shown.