Member of the Month - September 2019 - Grandpa

Kane

Welcome to September. Where did the summer go? Those of us in the more northern reaches have been treated to the nightly chorus of crickets that sound like Star Trek phasers, and even the sights of a bit of crepuscular toned blush in the trees as they turn. Apple orchards are nearing the harvest, corn is high, and the school bells are ringing again to summon kids young and old to labour from summer refreshment.

By unanimous staff decision, this month's crown goes to: 

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1: Grandpa!:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Grandpa has been with us since the heady days of 2008, but there seemed to be a long interval without his presence here before he returned. We've been incredibly impressed with grandpa's lovely nature here in providing all the right tones of advice, encouragement, and kindness. He would likely balk at this characterization, but I daresay grandpa is wise! We do know that it was his father that introduced and indulged a lifelong passion for fossils, and that grandpa is that rare breed who is both kind and intelligent. Our world could use much more of him! He can be found around here being helpful, informative, and overall so darn encouraging as a model member. :) 

Congratulations grandpa! Wear this Crown with pride, as you have earned it!

On behalf of the staff here on TFF, congratulations!

Please tell us your story - how you came to fossils, and how you came to TFF!

• I found this Informative 9

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Woohoo! Congrats Tom! Well deserved my friend! :) 

:yay-smiley-1::tiphat:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Congratulations grandpa! 

We are glad you came back, and enjoy your posts. 

Thanks for all of your contributions. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congratulations!

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

A very heart-felt 'Thank you" to all of you for your kind words. You warm this ol' man's heart.  :wub:

Thank you so much, Kane, for those very nice words. 

JohnJ. I appreciate your support behind the scenes and your work with our younger members to keep them enthused.

Thank you Bobby, the month is sure off to a great start.

Wayne, I feel a kindred spirit when I read your posts.

Randy, thank you.  I'm not so sure it is "well deserved"; but it sure is "well appreciated".

Ken, I'm blushing and thankful for your comment.

Tim, I'm so glad to be back and enjoying this wonderful group of folks that make up TFF.

BLT and Mark, thank you both for your support.

A real honor to be a part of this group!  Thank you all again so much!

Tom

• I found this Informative 6

Congratulations grandpa!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Congratulations! :yay-smiley-1:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Thank you, Mike.  It's great to hear from Down Under.  Australia is definitely near the top of my bucket list of places to go.

Congratulations to someone who might even be older than me!  Old guys rock!  (Or should that be, “old guys fossil”?  Or “old guys are fossils” ....)

Congratulations-Well-Deserved.gif.9a21ffdf3f2a7ef596f761ba02942c92.gif

Congratulations from one grandpa to another. Member-of-the-month is a welcome honor indeed, and certainly well deserved in your case, but nothing beats being a grandpa!

Thanks for all your contributions to TFF.  :tff:

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.