Ramanessin cretaceous finds from NJ 9-1-2019

RandyB

My wife and I spent a couple of hours wading in Ramanessin Brook in NJ yesterday afternoon sifting for shark teeth and anything else of interest.  Nothing spectacular but it was surprisingly steady for a late season trip.  It was surprising to me just how much the stream had changed since my last trip there. Many of the big trees across the water had been moved and the gravel beds shifted significantly. 

20190902_104651.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

The chimera jaw plate would have made the day worthwhile for me...   Boy I would love to be collecting those shady NJ streams right now.  Here in Central Texas the thermometer has been pegged at 100 degrees for the last six weeks.

• I found this Informative 1

Congratulations Randy on an excellent haul. Never saw a brachiopod from the Ram. All of mine are from Big Brook and Poricy. Those mackerel teeth are especially impressive.  

Great stuff Randy! The palatine Ratfish and Protolamna are sweet.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Now that Fossildude19 identified it I can add another find from this trip, Pycnodont fish branchial/oral tooth. Its a 1/4 inch across

20190902_110009.jpg.aa29bdbbc9d94ec74016c15735b8e043.jpg

2 hours ago, RandyB said:

Now that Fossildude19 identified it I can add another find from this trip, Pycnodont fish branchial/oral tooth. Its a 1/4 inch across

20190902_110009.jpg.aa29bdbbc9d94ec74016c15735b8e043.jpg

Nice one.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/