Darktooth's Kitchen Table finds.

Darktooth

2 hours ago, Darktooth said:

The only problem I have had with tweezers, is that I have "squeezed" to hard and broke a specimen. On the other hand I have also pushed down too hard with my wet finger, with the same result, from time to time.

I don't think I could finesse tweezers well enough to pick up some tiny specimens and then I'd worry about breaking them. I've found I can pick up the most delicate things (1 mm delicate gastropod shells) with just the lightest touch with a properly moist (but not wet) fingertip. I guess after moving many thousands of micro-fossils that way, I've developed it into my 17th useless superpower. :P

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

17th, really?  I'm only up to my 15th! 

But then again you are older. ;)

I too utilize the method of a fine band of matrix along one edge of the plate. It makes it much easier to control what has been searched and to scrape the already searched stuff off to the opposite side.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

20 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Again need help with ID. I apologize  for poor image quality of my pics. I have tried taking the best pics I can with what I have to use.

20190828_164130.jpg

Ptychotrygon.

15 hours ago, Darktooth said:

The only problem I have had with tweezers, is that I have "squeezed" to hard and broke a specimen. On the other hand I have also pushed down too hard with my wet finger, with the same result, from time to time.

That is why I use a dental pick that I can wet with My tongue and pick up all but the largest micros. (The paint brush method suggested by Pagerus works also)

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

15 hours ago, Al Dente said:

Ptychotrygon.

Thank-you Al!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Fantastic posts !!!! As a newbie to micros I am enjoying this immensely. I will be watching the Eagle Ford stuff as I am going to get some myself. Good luck and happy micro hunting :)