What is this

dinosaur man

Hi last year my moms friend went to Egypt and got me some fossils I was wondering what this was?

F891E48C-0E97-4AB3-A017-5B9E725BA99B.jpeg

That's better!

Not really sure what it could be though.

I have a Spinosaurus tooth, and a part of the root fell off. It looks very similar to this but it's probably something else.

Also if you can get in the habit of taking your pictures against a plain background, it will make it easier for your viewers and your camera to focus on the item instead of the busy background.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I compared this to my Morocco specimen and it looks very similar I found out that there’s two species of spinosaurus one from Morocco and one from Egypt it might look a little different from Morocco teeth because it’s probably because there from different areas and different species so misha I think it is a spinosaurus thanks.

Wait more knowleageable's point of view before labelling it spinosaurus, please. And as say @caldigger, you should take photos with a plain background. Also, you could take photos of the edges.

@Darktooth @Al Dente ?

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

I at my grandparents house right now but tomorrow I will 

• I found this Informative 1

Honestly I cant tell if it is a fossil or not. 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

The fact it's from North Africa, the colour of the enamel with black spots and what appears to be a white core all suggest a piece of Spinosaurus tooth from the Kem Kem Beds of Morocco.

Dinofossilsuk  I think it might be from Egypt because my spinosaurus tooth from KemKem beds is orange and red colours and this is black and white 

21 minutes ago, dinosaur man said:

Dinofossilsuk  I think it might be from Egypt because my spinosaurus tooth from KemKem beds is orange and red colours and this is black and white 

The Kem Kem Beds consist of the Akrabou, Aoufous and Ifezouane Formations.  Your red Spino tooth likely came from the Ifezouane formation, but the Aoufous formation produces lighter coloured teeth.  I've handled thousands of them and the enamel and core of this tooth closely resembles teeth from that formation.  If it is a Spino tooth (which it looks to be), it's almost certainly from Kem Kem.

• I found this Informative 1