broken please identify

curiousmomof3

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) 

I do agree that this looks geological (i.e. a rock), but it is still an interesting piece! The thing that caught my attention most is the crystalline structures around the hole in the rock. I can’t tell from the photos if the whole rock is some type of nodule that could possibly be filled with crystals or if it’s confined to that corner of the rock. Either way, it’s a cool piece. You may be able to break it more (if you so choose) and see additional treasures waiting inside! 

If you are wondering what the crystals may be, someone here more versed in geology should be along the point us in the right direction. 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

7 hours ago, FossilNerd said:

If you are wondering what the crystals may be, someone here more versed in geology should be along the point us in the right direction. 

Probably calcite. If it fizzes under vinegar then it is. If it doesn't then it's probably quartz.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/