Shipping heavy fossils internationally

DinoFossilsUK

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a little advice on how to ship heavy fossils internationally (from the USA to the UK).  I thought the forum might be a good place to ask, as quite a few of you may have done this in the past.

I have the opportunity to purchase around 500kg (around 1000 pounds) of small fossils from someone in the US.  I'm sure I've read members discuss sending fossils back from Tuscon in the past using shipping containers and guess this would probably be the best way to go.  Any advice on how this works would be greatly appreciated.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:39 AM, DinoFossilsUK said:

I have the opportunity to purchase around 500kg (around 1000 pounds) of small fossils from someone in the US.

Wow!  A 1000 lbs of fossils!  Sounds very interesting.  I cant help you with info about shipping but would love to see some of these fossils.   Good luck with the shipping.

RB

3 hours ago, RJB said:

Wow!  A 1000 lbs of fossils!  Sounds very interesting.  I cant help you with info about shipping but would love to see some of these fossils.   Good luck with the shipping.

RB

Thanks for the replies.  The material I was looking to buy consisted of around 1000lbs of Hell Creek bone, but unfortunately it wasn't suitable (at least I no longer have the headache of trying to ship it).