Why is Deinonychus no longer considered a pack hunter?

Gelatinous squid

As far as I can tell, the evidence for pack hunting among Deinonychus hasn't changed; nor has any evidence come to light that contradicts it. The only argument I can find is that modern archosaurs don't pack hunt. But Harris hawks do, I don't know where that argument even comes from. 

Where are you getting your information from on this subject?

I found this article online, which says that no one knows for sure, one way or another. 

You might try to read the papers cited at the end of the article. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Deinonychus is often found in context with  the iguanodontid Tenontosaurus. I'm not that familiar with the material but I think there's at least one site where there is Tenontosaurus material with much more Deinonychus material at the same site from several individuals. But as I understand it, a predator trap had not been considered before which would be why pack hunting was assumed. So no new evidence but a new perspective on existing evidence. Predator traps can trap a herbivore in mud or the like and it's rotting scent will attract many more predators than other herbivores. This can in theory be why there would be more Deinonychus in one place. There kinda is little reason to assume any pack hunting.

There is one example that springs to mind for non-avian dinosaurs. That of Albertosaurus. There was a site where numerous individuals were found of different ages. This apparently included individuals which the scientists said seemed too old and decrepit to fend for themselves. In which case, they must have been cared for. And this kinda makes a case for a family group living together and caring for each other. But it still kinda isn't a case for pack hunting as members of the group could still have hunted alone.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite