Dinosaur Madagascar bone/vertebrae id please?

trilo

Hi fossil forum members,

its my first post here after following for a long time this great forum.

It seems to me that here are a lot of experts with a lot of experience in key out specimens and that´s the reason I now would like to ask for that expertise.

I got this bone 20 years ago and have not touched/preped it so far. It is from Madagascar.

Any ideas are very much appreciated and will help to place it in the correct way.

Thanks very much in advance

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Sorry that I can't ID your specimen. I am sure someone will come along who can.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Welcome to the forum

Do you have any information on where this was found along with age and formation?  Madagascar has quite a diverse dino fauna which ranges from Triassic to Cretaceous.  Having said that very little is described or published so identification of any material is problematic.    Like to see some straight in shots, obtuse angles make it difficult for us to see it but initially looks like a chervon or vert process..

Hi and thanks Troodon for your respond,

I have attached some more and hopefully better pics.

If I remember right it is from the Cretaceous period and possible Sauropod.

Burt I am sure you and maybe other ones know a bit more or can confirm.

Any help is appreciated

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

If its Cretaceous you are probably looking at the Maevarano Formation and Rapetosaurus is a Sauropod described from there and other indeterminate sauropods have been found.   Canot help you with an ID since little is published.  Your specimen could be a process of a large vertebra 

Based upon the shape and recently working on one I firmly believe its a chevron towards the more posterior of the tail, I'm also not 100 percent this is sauropod.

Thanks very much you both for your opinion. Thought it will be not easy to id it.

its definately a tricky one.

Maybe someone else has a guess ?