Sharks teeth (Ukraine) ?

Kolya

Can you be more specific with the area found in order to look up the geologic age of the region?

14 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Can you be more specific with the area found in order to look up the geologic age of the region?

Thanks for Your comment.

The place is in Western Ukraine, Lviv region. In this place are fossils from Neogene. But I found some fossils,for example, Synechodus sp., which lived also in Cretaceus and extinct in Paleogene... So it looks like, that in this place is reworked deposits. I dont know realy from which geological age they are...

Thanks for the wonderfully clear and labeled images, that will certainly make it easier to see each tooth and discuss them by number. I was just about to second caldigger's request for more precise information to try to pin down a formation (and thus age) but I see that they may be from a lag deposit where the age is indeterminate. We have some folks here on the forum who are familiar with shark teeth from the Cretaceous on and so we may get some good ideas for identifications soon when they see this topic.

Cheers.

-Ken

8 minutes ago, digit said:

Thanks for the wonderfully clear and labeled images, that will certainly make it easier to see each tooth and discuss them by number. I was just about to second caldigger's request for more precise information to try to pin down a formation (and thus age) but I see that they may be from a lag deposit where the age is indeterminate. We have some folks here on the forum who are familiar with shark teeth from the Cretaceous on and so we may get some good ideas for identifications soon when they see this topic.

Cheers.

-Ken

Ken, thank You very much!