T Rex Toe Bones - Help Me Decide!

Dracarys

Hello All! I am lucky in that I have two T Rex Toe bones to decide from. One is of an adult (5 inches and heavy) that may have pathology on it. Perhaps bitten and as such healed itself "gimpy" (top right). There is erosion through the bone and so the definition is much less. And it is possible that the loss of the section is to erosion but the collector believes there to be pathology. The other is a juvenile toe bone (3 1/2 inch). It is in great condition with good definition. Irrespective of the price, I am interested in you all helping me decide which one to choose. Thanks!

IMG_2684.jpg

The smaller one is in better condition. I myself like quality over size.

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

De gustibus non est disputandum

I much prefer the larger specimen.

• I found this Informative 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Personally I like things with a bit of pathology. Brings them more to life. I’d do the big one if I couldn’t swing both....

Honestly, from just that photo, the bigger specimen looks more worn than pathological.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Thanks for all of your thoughts. Turns out I was able to get a T. rex foot claw as well and so now I have decided to keep the small one to try to make an entire toe!!

04C0F79C-E745-443D-A812-A2F28D3B5E2C.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3