Spinosaurus tooth in need of cleaning

Deinocheirusmaster!

I just recently bought this Spinosaurus tooth at rock shop. When I looked closer it had a good covering of dust on it from sitting on the shelf for a long time. Its covered in these weird fibers you typically see that are used to make stuffed animals. I think they may have packaged it weird or something. 

Does anyone know how to get rid of these so my Spinosaurus tooth will look good again?  

B6F19DBC-B894-4F9B-A07E-85CE1BA92C00.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Can you post other views and full images of the tooth, size.  Buy it at the Denver show?

Heres some more photos.

69BD668C-A92A-4D83-9E1A-D81C526BAAD2.jpeg

Looks like is covered in matrix.  You can try to use an xacto knife and try to scrape it off.  The tooth looks brittle with fractures so be very careful.   The fuzz might just be packing material.

3 hours ago, Deinocheirusmaster! said:

I think they may have packaged it weird or something

The glue probably wasn't dry yet. :heartylaugh:

In all seriousness, it was probably packed in that poly fill padding that it seems every Riker box it stuffed with these days.

Any rough surface or sharpness on the fossil acts like Velcro and pulls on that stuff, making it stick to it.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

You might want to check out this topic:

Throw it in Acetone and you will see how this tooth falls apart. After that you can put it back together with super glue