I don't have a clue... Please help!

Clueless6

I want to get my brother a great gift, he's amazing. He loves everything dinosaur and has a huge interest in fossils. He has a very small collection, but nothing like what I'm looking at. I've seen a couple of nice looking Megalodon teeth fossils online, but I don't know if they're authentic, if they've been repaired, or if I'm going to end up burning a hole in my pocket for something that's not worth the price. 

The first photos are for one that is  3.8 inches. The second is  4.4 inches. 

Thanks in advance! 

Screenshot_20190910-205643~2.png

Screenshot_20190910-205705~2.png

Screenshot_20190910-205749~2.png

Edited by Kane
Removed prices

I'm not seeing any immediate red flags on these.  Both have some nicks and chips throughout ( which is actually a good sign! ).

However, it is always best to examine an item in hand, as pictures don't always capture the whole story.

So far they are looking good.

If I were your brother I would be ecstatic to receive either one.

18 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

They look fine to me as well. I'd be happy to recieve one of those as a gift if you're thinking of buying both of them :D

Ya but which one would you rather have? :P

Agreed that these both look quite authentic and I see no signs of restoration or of either of these teeth being composits in any way. They are nice medium size meg teeth. When you get into the 5-6 (or even 7) inch range, the prices tend to skyrocket for decent quality teeth. I think this size makes for a nice hefty tooth that (hopefully) won't break the bank and will make your brother quite happy.

Cheers.

-Ken

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

In other words Roger, if she is gifting you one :fingerscrossed:, which would you choose.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

In other words Roger, if she is gifting you one :fingerscrossed:, which would you choose.

He'd take whichever one he got, go sit in a corner & drool for a while. Like we all would probably do.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.