Another Keichousaurus, real or fake?

Dominik1922

Always hard to tell simply from looking at images--even more so when those images are not very large. Difficult to see details on this specimen and I am by no means an expert on these (other than having seen lots and lots of poor fakes/composites appear here for comment). Others with more experience (and likely a few of these in their collections) will soon chime in but to me this one looks pretty legit. I'm not seeing any of the really telling signs that it is not what it claims to be.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

Ok thank you for Your quick Input.

Yeah for me is it the same .

Looks good but i am not an Expert and dont want to buy a fake fossil.because you read so much from these keichosaurus fakes.

Indeed. An informed purchase would be wise for something that is so commonly (and often not convincingly) faked. Others like @Crazyhen should be able to provide a more reliable appraisal of this specimen's quality.

Cheers.

-Ken

The Seller says that it was an Export from Guizhou province, China. In the 80s.

And some small colour restorations was Made.

So for me it looks fine but i dont know if i Should buy it, becsuse i am afraid to have not a real keichousaurus in my hands.

Thanks for Your Help.

Split out into it's own topic. ;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Looks like a typical acid and mechanically prepped (not very nicely prepped) specimen of a juvenile Keichousaurus to me.  It also appears that some parts were painted.  A photo of higher resolution would help.  For comparison with a juvenile in natural form, please see the attached photo.

IMG_7636.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

Ok thank you for Your help.

A Photo with a hoher Resolution i dont have because these Are pics from the seller site.

Wow i dont know the the natural form looks so Different.

Greets

10 hours ago, aplomado said:

Well, they aren't always that pretty in their natural form!  That's a pic of an exceptional specimen.

And furthermore an unprepped specimen....

On ‎11‎.‎09‎.‎2019 at 2:34 AM, Crazyhen said:

Looks like a typical acid and mechanically prepped (not very nicely prepped) specimen of a juvenile Keichousaurus to me.  It also appears that some parts were painted.  A photo of higher resolution would help. 

I agree, but i am not sure about the paintings - higher resolution photos needed.