Central and South Florida Gastropods and Bivalves

scienceteacher79

I had posted a poster of Florida shells of mine earlier but could not zoom in enough so I am posting individual fossil shells in hopes of getting correct identifications or adding to photo database. I am new to this so please gently guide me if I am not following a proper procedure or posting in an incorrect place. I have many high quality photos but am not sure where to put them. I can't seem to create a gallery for myself. Help Please? Thanks, Scott

Acantholabia floridana - Murex Shell - 27 mm-6840.JPG

what are the dimensions?  Where did you find it?

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

Hesperisternia multangula (Philippi, 1848) Family Pisaniidae

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

Thanks, Mike for the ID. I had thought it might have been Acantholabia floridana. It is 27 mm long. I had picked this up in central Polk Co., FL in a huge aggregate pile that was being used for road construction which is where I collected many  of my fossils in FL

I am assuming this is Andara lienosa. The shell is 97 mm. wide. Also collected in central Polk Co., FL - Road base pile.  By the way, how do I post several pictures in a single post the way I have seen others do with a max size of 3.95MB? I have several to post. 

Thanks,

Scott

Anadara lienosa - Ark Shell (whole)-5299.JPG

On 9/14/2019 at 2:32 PM, scienceteacher79 said:

I am assuming this is Andara lienosa. The shell is 97 mm. wide. Also collected in central Polk Co., FL - Road base pile.  By the way, how do I post several pictures in a single post the way I have seen others do with a max size of 3.95MB? I have several to post. 

Thanks,

Scott

You are correct with the Anadara lienosa.  You can post several.  

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

On 9/14/2019 at 2:28 PM, scienceteacher79 said:

Thanks, Mike for the ID. I had thought it might have been Acantholabia floridana. It is 27 mm long. I had picked this up in central Polk Co., FL in a huge aggregate pile that was being used for road construction which is where I collected many  of my fossils in FL

Close but Acantholabia belongs to Muricidae, a different family.  

On 9/14/2019 at 11:32 AM, scienceteacher79 said:

By the way, how do I post several pictures in a single post the way I have seen others do with a max size of 3.95MB? I have several to post. 

Add them as an edit to your post.

If you are cut off from adding another picture because it will exceed the limit, post it then go back and edit that post by adding more pictures.  You can keep doing this if you have multiple pics to put into a single post.

Some members find tgey can email pictures to themselves which reduces the size, but I do not/ will not  have email linked to my phone so my first option here is what I use. 

It's easy enough ( even for me ) to do.