Looking for a site

Skylar

Hi everyone, My name is Skylar Snowden. I am brand new to the forum and brand new to fossil hunting. I am not from Arizona and am relatively new to the area. I am a Marine Biologist/Curator by profession, and have recently started getting into fossil hunting. I have found a few at diamond point, but want to find some other options. I was going to try and head up to the Payson area again in a week or so, and wanted to see if anyone could elaborate on the site that is, I think, 87 near the E. Verde river. Or, any other sites in the Payson/rim area. I did try the Paleo Site, but found very little. Honestly, I really enjoy doing this, as it gets me and my 2 dogs out of the valley heat. Lol. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sky

Welcome from Scottsdale. Consider joining the Southwest Paleontological Society in Mesa. Link. We will show you where the fossils are. Also, check out the fossils at the Pinal Mineral and Geology Museum link

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide. If you read some of the papers and books they will tell you where the fossils are. Link

• I found this Informative 2

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Welcome to the forum from Maryland!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Hello, Sky and welcome to TFF from Austin, Tx.  It sounds like you have a great background to provide some good knowledge base for this hobby.  DPS has provided you with some good contact points.

Welcome from Texas! Stick around and take a look and some of the posts here. Bunch of knowledgeable folks and I always learn something interesting when I log on :)