Keichousaurus, real or fake?

AkerCS

It looks pretty nice to me and real . The displacement of some of the bones is a good sign . I have added a post with a good visual aid for you to make a comparison. Wait to get a second opinion before buying .

Cheers Bobby

• I found this Informative 2

I thin it's a poorly prepped specimen (acid, metalbrush/grinder).

If you zoom in you can see a greenish halo around the bones - looks strange...:headscratch:

@Crazyhen may have an explanation...

• I found this Informative 1

Looks real to me. I like the lack of added digits to the hands/feet. Looks like real bone as well.

Agreed, that there's certainly much worse prepped specimens out there. If the price is right I'd go for it :dinothumb:

58 minutes ago, AkerCS said:

color difference was due to the acid.

Been an digital artist and having a lot of experience with printing and colour matching . I would consider the green tint around the bones just as light reflecting and only visible by the digital camera. . This can happen if the specimen has been photographed in artificial light. This can be proven by the second and third photo you posted. Picture two has little of the green tint and picture three as more. I think by the naked eye it would look normal in colour. It is probably good to wait on for a couple of more members to come along. Cheers Bobby 

E4D163B0-5BFC-40A4-A8BF-69611B1FF4D4.jpeg

7A4E57A0-1077-49B5-B381-FD0BE30EE8DA.jpeg

1 hour ago, AkerCS said:

I assumed that the color difference was due to the acid.

Maybe yes. But following my experience you see that green colour where resin was in contact with acid.

Not saying it is like that, could be like Bobby said, too.

In my opinion it is not a good preparation cause after "preparation", a lot of bone material is obviously missing.

So a lot of the fossil have been destroyed already. This should not the result after a good preparation-job.

The striations around the bones came from mechanical "preparation" and are not nice.  

And yes, there are much more ugly specimens, but those cannot be named as having preparation at all, IMO.  

27 minutes ago, Pemphix said:

Maybe yes. But following my experience you see that green colour where resin was in contact with acid.

Not saying it is like that, could be like Bobby said, too.

In my opinion it is not a good preparation cause after "preparation", a lot of bone material is obviously missing.

So a lot of the fossil have been destroyed already. This should not the result after a good preparation-job.

The striations around the bones came from mechanical "preparation" and are not nice.  

And yes, there are much more ugly specimens, but those cannot be named as having preparation at all, IMO.  

You are right that parts of the bones have been destroyed, but it is difficult to find an original specimen with good preparation at a good price.

Poorly acid/mechanically prepped specimen, as suggested by @Pemphix, the bones appear porous because much of the bones were digested by acid and thus the eroded surface.  It is likely that this specimen were soaked in acid for too long. Below I show a slightly better acid prepped specimen for comparison.  The minerals of the matrix, especially "white" plate,  after chemical reaction with the acid, would sometimes produce a greenish colour compound.

IMG_7639.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

On 9/16/2019 at 7:58 PM, Crazyhen said:

Poorly acid/mechanically prepped specimen, as suggested by @Pemphix, the bones appear porous because much of the bones were digested by acid and thus the eroded surface.  It is likely that this specimen were soaked in acid for too long. Below I show a slightly better acid prepped specimen for comparison.  The minerals of the matrix, especially "white" plate,  after chemical reaction with the acid, would sometimes produce a greenish colour compound.

IMG_7639.JPG

Nice one, i like the juvi next to the big one ! Thankx for having a look...

15 hours ago, Pemphix said:

Nice one, i like the juvi next to the big one ! Thankx for having a look...

And look at the abdomen of the adult, there are dark patches which are remnants of embryos, though sadly the poorly prepped job ruined the details.

12 hours ago, Crazyhen said:

And look at the abdomen of the adult, there are dark patches which are remnants of embryos, though sadly the poorly prepped job ruined the details.

Cannot zoom in , but i know that they were found with embryos.

Nice !

11 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

More likely the digestive system because I seen many specimens with the same dark markings on the abdomen. :(

You are right, some are digested food.  For embryos, one could however clearly see the skeleton of embryos.

6 hours ago, Crazyhen said:

You are right, some are digested food.  For embryos, one could however clearly see the skeleton of embryos.

Wow I would love it see a photo in close up and you definitely got a fantastic specimen here. :envy: