Fella

Not seeing coral here. What diagnostic features are leading you to that conclusion? Perhaps a few clear photos will help here, in addition to location information.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

49 minutes ago, Fella said:

And as far as the coral 

As to previous identifications being coral, that pertained to those specimens. A good start is to search for a geologic bedrock map of Ontario, and read more about the fossils that can be found. This will assist in your ability to find fossils.

I didn't mean any disrespect toward anyone

i was referring to this item in question

and all information given pertains to this item

i had previously emailed a un-named individual prior to posting here and was told it was coral  

I think the last picture is the most indicative, potentially showing corallites that seem most prominent on the left edge. The rocks there should be Devonian in age.

And this is a geologic bedrock map of Ontario to assist you in your research: http://www.geologyontario.mndmf.gov.on.ca/mndmfiles/pub/data/imaging/M2544/M2544.pdf

As the Town of Simcoe sits on Devonian bedrock, yes, it was once a substantial subtropical reef situated south of the equator ~350-370 million years ago.

I definitely see numerous examples of tabulate (colonial) coral in that box. Those would be the ones that seem to resemble honeycombs.

Neat corals. 

Thanks for showing them.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me