Fossil Plate? Collection From Uncle

Born_On_Fire

Another specimen given to me by my uncle over 30 years ago. Never really looked at these until recently.

Any insight would be great! I have no idea.

Thanks!'

Dan

C1.JPG

C2.JPG

C3.JPG

C4.JPG

C5.JPG

C6.JPG

C7.JPG

C8.JPG

C9.JPG

C10.jpg

c15.JPG

C12.JPG

c13.JPG

c14.JPG

c16.JPG

c18.JPG

c19.JPG

I think I've seen this somewhere else already.

Its not the same one as a little earlier. Actually, they may have been found together and from the same find- but in separate pieces when I got them.

Edited by Born_On_Fire

This looks to have a lot of bryozoan in it. Maybe the mate to the piece mentioned in your other ID thread? At the least, I suspect it was found in the same location. 

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/98642-i-like-him-what-is-his-name/&do=findComment&comment=1093912

These images resemble dolomite from the Brassfield Fm., which is exposed in outcrops near Dayton, OH (west-central Ohio). Rocks from this dolomite contain (among other things) abundant bryozoans and brachiopods similar to those pictured above, and they have a characteristic pinkish tint. Did your uncle ever go collecting near there?

Hello Elasmohunter,

I am not sure where he came up with all this stuff. It was around 30 years ago, and I was about 9-10 at the time.

I asked my dad about this, and he has no idea either. He lived in the Davenport, Iowa area his whole life.

It's never simple :-(

Thanks,

Dan