hokietech96

Hi. Can anyone pony me in the direction on what type of shark teeth these are.  That seem to be all the same type. Thanks for any feedback. MarkF5FA751C-9569-4924-96A5-8281B3D917D5.thumb.jpeg.51ef0876206a5f281fefb6bf86d60087.jpeg

Welcome to TFF.  You should do a google search for Lemon shark... Negaprion brevirostris

• I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

12 hours ago, hokietech96 said:

Thanks. I was thinking lemon. I will do more research 

Mark,

Thought I would add a little:

https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/discover-fish/species-profiles/negaprion-brevirostris/

Lemon sharks inhabit coastal inshore waters from New Jersey (US) to Southern Brazil, Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean in the northwestern Atlantic Ocean and along Senegal and the Ivory Coast of Africa in the eastern Atlantic. It is unknown whether the eastern and western Atlantic individuals are the same species. In the North Pacific, the lemon shark ranges from the Gulf of California and Baja California south to Ecuador (Sundström 2015).

I had not previously realized how small its range covered.  Lemon Shark fossil teeth are very common in Florida. Maybe in equal numbers with Bull/Dusky which I have great difficulty in differentiating.   Jack

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"