What do you think of this dinosaur egg

Wowbnjijdat

Hi guys what do you think of this dinosaur egg? It misses quite a lot off egg shell right? It comes from an old collection and is found in the Aix-en-Provence, Bouches-du-Rhône, Provence in France. Often sold as Hypselosaurus egg. Approximately 25 cm. I know these eggs are quite rare but I am doubting. 

$_85-2.JPG

$_85-3.JPG

$_85-4.JPG

$_85-5.JPG

$_85.JPG

$_86-2.JPG

$_86.JPG

Me too not expert but I have eggs shell Hypselosaurus. Dont sure on 100% in real my egg shell. But look very close to egg. And on auction many Hypselosaurus eggs shell have close texture like egg on photo.5d86551a2c149_2.png.ac90750042fdccbdc7118d9f194ad7f7.png 

1в.png

• I found this Informative 1

Rather typical preservation for eggs from Aix-en-Provence. Two specimens of my collection:

5d868af2832cf_Ch1216OolithesnondetKreide.thumb.jpg.bb2a4d495bc4b6f603da31f74fcd2643.jpg5d868c0f9f9cf_Ch1314OolithesnondetObKreide.thumb.jpg.a3c0b73f962b00c73b42504b7632e97f.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

This is an authentic egg from aix en province. Looks very typical for eggs from that region of France. These are not often seen for sale. You are also correct in saying these were formerly labeled as hypselosaurus. 

• I found this Informative 3

Looks correct to me. French "Hypselosaurus" eggs are often of this quality.

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Before going down and reading everyone post, especially hamptonsdoc, I was going back and forth from real to fake and fake to real.   Glad someone knows.   I would have more eggs but am afraid to buy any.

RB

3 hours ago, RJB said:

Before going down and reading everyone post, especially hamptonsdoc, I was going back and forth from real to fake and fake to real.   Glad someone knows.   I would have more eggs but am afraid to buy any.

RB

Best thing to do is buy from a reputable dealer. You can spend thousands building up a business and brand which means throwing all that away by selling fakes is never going to be worth it.