Bag Marked Teeth Southern Illinois

Grimmie

Hello again everyone.

So I decided to take another look at the stuff my uncle gave me like 30 years ago and took some pictures to see if this all fake too.

I didn't notice there was a pouch in the box, but written on it was "Teeth Southern Illinois"22.thumb.JPG.56e3ef30757fc3cc6deb289a46d461a9.JPG.

This is maybe half of them, and some other thing that was in a bag, inside the other bag.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Dan

1.JPG

1a.JPG

1b.JPG

1c.JPG

1d.JPG

10.JPG

12.JPG

33.JPG

44.JPG

55.JPG

66.JPG

77.JPG

88.JPG

99.JPG

20190922_014554.jpg

as Rockwood noted, these are unfortunately not teeth.  They are pebbles of quartz and quartzite

• I found this Informative 2

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

Already suspect another fake / misidentified item in the box- so once this one is confirmed not real I can toss the whole lot in the trash.

Thoughts?

11.JPG

22.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

17 minutes ago, Born_On_Fire said:

I can toss the whole lot in the trash

I really think that I would want to keep something. They may not be teeth but they are in a way family.

Your probably right. I should keep them. What puzzles me is why my old professor buddy from the University of Iowa, told me to to google something called Homo Erectus? He done knows I ain't funny like that.

Oh well.

I guess if I want the real deal I should just go find some on my own :-(

Dan

29 minutes ago, Born_On_Fire said:

Homo Erectus? He done knows I ain't funny like that.

Homo erectus. Early man variety...

3052C321-775F-41BE-9448-5FA42DF91F91.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Born_On_Fire said:

old professor buddy

Professor of ____ ?

To be fair. If they were found in Africa we would need to explore further.

Professor of not relevant to this, at all. But since you asked his name is Jo and he was my instructor for Math:2700, Linear Algebra. I irritated him beyond terrible - which led us to become good buddies and still chat 20 years later.

Anyway Mr. Rockwood, he sort of in a very rude way told me to forget about what is written on a bag. And to use my snarge head for once in my life and work with the information presented. I have rocks, quartz, teeth, and numerous other unknown items. The bag that said "Rare Rocks" - took me two weeks to figure out it is actually something called impact breccia.

Photos attached.

fdvsdfewasdf.jpg

dfawfads.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Homo erectus -- not a joke! Google it. One of the earlier species of the genus Homo.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

26 minutes ago, Born_On_Fire said:

And to use my snarge head for once in my life and work with the information presented. 

Sounds about right for an old school algebra teacher. Probably led many a horse to water. ;)

Jo, called me out in front of everyone after I went 0 for 5 on not turning in my homework. And I was the guy who replied back - "You already explained how to do everything to us in lecture - so get back with me after majors on why I need to practice".

Laughter.

Next week - ... It was only 4.0

:-)

3 hours ago, Born_On_Fire said:

Professor of not relevant to this, at all. But since you asked his name is Jo and he was my instructor for Math:2700, Linear Algebra. I irritated him beyond terrible - which led us to become good buddies and still chat 20 years later.

Anyway Mr. Rockwood, he sort of in a very rude way told me to forget about what is written on a bag. And to use my snarge head for once in my life and work with the information presented. I have rocks, quartz, teeth, and numerous other unknown items. The bag that said "Rare Rocks" - took me two weeks to figure out it is actually something called impact breccia.

Photos attached.

fdvsdfewasdf.jpg

dfawfads.jpg

Now those are cool! Do you have a location for them?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

I had a friend once, but the wheels fell off. Sad, very sad. - Nightwing

I don't know where my uncle got them from. There were seven varieties in the box he gave me. All different colors - all with what I referred to as shattered glass. It was the product of meteor strikes from what I have read.

• I found this Informative 1