erose

Hey folks,

If you are here in Central Texas today, the Texas Memorial Museum is having their annual Identification Day. 1-5 PM at the museum on the University of Texas campus, here in Austin. https://tmm.utexas.edu/events/3

I will be there along with some other members of the Paleontological Society of Austin to assist in identifying your fossils. We will be handling the invertebrates but there will be others helping with vertebrates, both fossil and extant, rocks and minerals, as well as artifacts and other natural items you might be curious about.

TMM's Identification Day is part of the Austin Museum Partnership's annual Austin Museum Day, a FREE community-wide exploration of museums in and around Austin.

• I found this Informative 4

Not sure if anyone from the forum showed up, but we had a great turnout today. Families, kids and adults brought us a steady stream of rocks and fossils to identify. Most was common, but a few were rather unusual. Wish I took photos in hindsight. 

But for me the highlight was getting a few of my own fossils identified by the paleontologist from UT who was working the vertebrate table. Saturday PSA had a field trip up thru the Glen Rose Formation (Albian). At our last stop at the top of the formation I found what I thought were some turtle leg bones. They have now been identified as crocodile. These will make there way into rhe vertebrate collection at UT sometime soon. Photos to come....

• I found this Informative 4

Just a note here...you didn't give much notice for this, posting on the day of the event.

Perhaps next time you can post it in the Events Calender ahead of time so people can plan for it.  

Sounds like it was a good time. 

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

8 hours ago, caldigger said:

Just a note here...you didn't give much notice for this, posting on the day of the event.

Perhaps next time you can post it in the Events Calender ahead of time so people can plan for it.  

Sounds like it was a good time. 

Yes sir.i will next year.