PrehistoricNick

Another piece from the collection at work:

Description given is Hadrosaur Tibia. It was in the collection before I started here. It is in 2 distinct pieces, and it has been that way the entire time, since the foam cutouts in its box are shaped for them. It has broken in other places, but I've fixed those with paleobond (although I do have pictures of the broken cross sections somewhere)

I'm mostly looking to confirm or disprove whether or not it's existing ID is plausible, and maybe identifying which side (right/left) it's from. 

Pictures:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=17X4lkoWQODdUw1G4k12LclGVWYnwcAik

20190921_114157.jpg

I think that is a reasonable identification. It looks to be from the left leg as well. Any notes on where it is from? Maybe we can narrow it down to genus level.

10 minutes ago, Wayan Man said:

I think that is a reasonable identification. It looks to be from the left leg as well. Any notes on where it is from? Maybe we can narrow it down to genus level.

I can ask around more, but the several managers I've asked don't recall, and the person in my position prior to me passed away last year. This screen cap is from the manager I'd have bet was the best guess to remember where it came from.

20190923_195545.jpg

Hmm... Well I do think hadrosaur is a good identification without the specific location information. It looks like maybe Hell Creek or Two Medicine Formation preservation. So possibly somewhere in the Late Cretaceous of Montana.