ID unlabled Fossils, mostly just the Ammonite

Kikokuryu

Hello, I just recently made an account. I'm in the process of collecting more rare fossils, but while I was cleaning out some space, I came across some old fossils from when I was a small child.

These are fossils were purchased in Japan at a Shinto Shrine during New Years about 10+ years ago when I was small, it's a bit fuzzy in my memory so I assume quite a while ago. Unfortunately, the locale and ID of the fossils were all lost (because a kid just throws away the paper immediately . . . right?) except the Spinosaurus. I mostly wanted to know about the two Ammonite fossils, the sharks I just assume are nothing special and Spinosaurus is . . . well just your every day common Spinosaurus. The white one has some kind of green junk on it, which I assume is some kind of plastic that melted onto it. I don't expect anything spectacular from them, but I just wanted at least some ID on them. The ruler is in centimeters.

2.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Your black ammonite looks like a Prolyelliceras sp. from the Lower Cretaceous of  Peru. 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

That was my thinking too.

The lighter one appears to be a Perisphinctes or similar, possibly from France (Jurassic), but don't quote me - wait for others to chime in.

5 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

That was my thinking too.

The lighter one appears to be a Perisphinctes or similar, possibly from France (Jurassic), but don't quote me - wait for others to chime in.

Agreed, although the "Perisphinctes" could originate from any number of countries. I would go with Perisphinctidae family for that one and leave it at that.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

It looks similar in size and preservation to ones I have from France but maybe you're aware of other places with this type/size/preservation that I am not.