Fossil Id help

Acro

I am not for sure what this fossil is. At first I thought maybe horn coral but I am a novice and after researching some fossil look like a couple other things. 

‘Any help appreciated .. Thank you 

81C658A7-91B7-4B62-9EE5-9A5C07730D3B.jpeg

I'm thinking a suggestivly shaped rock.  If you can offer up some additional pictures from different sides and a bit of locality information it could help immensely. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I agree that this can't really be called a fossil from the information available. Conceivably it could be a trace fossil or steinkern, but it would almost have to be determined from the context in which it was found.

Here is another photo.i tried upload 2 others but this site said I was at limit

i hope this helps. If not I will try other ways to post

thank you

5C9D97BB-6985-4737-B936-EFE04B8DC319.jpeg

Could be a fragment of bone fossil that was dense enough, mineralization included, to survive being eroded into this shape.

Yes sir..just like my whale vertebrae fossil . blood vessel  openings but probably not a vertebrae I think .I wish I had an exhibit b and c for y’all to determine and  hypothesize . Not knowing is the toughest thing for me. Why I figured I would go to a forum with experts in this field.

I also need to put up an 11” tooth  I found in western Tennessee.i bought it at an estate sale . I can’t tell tooth is real  or not but one of my clients that is a geologist professor thought it was real and I was super excited. Of course I have learned some things are too good to be true but since I  found this forum I might post and see what y’all think?

Just guessing .. could it be a fossil of spike of  ankylosaurus since the foramen is near the base of bone ?

Thank you for taking time with me..I wanted to be an archeologist when I was young but I went another direction when I grew up

Hello

i am reposting thread of this piece from 3 days ago . I am new to this forum and trying to figure out what works best in posts .

i have this fossil I believe that I have no idea what it is.M  Rockwood noted that foramen was visible so it wasn’t just a rock. Any help would  appreciated. I thought it might be from ankylosaurus spine or something of that nature but I am a rookie here with vivid imagination. Just hoping I could so info from the experts on here ..

thanks

image.jpg

10 minutes ago, Acro said:

Rockwood noted that foramen was visible so it wasn’t just a rock.

That guy argues lots of loosing cases. I wouldn't wager too much on his word this time. :)

Plax, 

I have no idea in unfortunately. I bought this piece off a gentleman last week. I did not ask where he found it .  I know this gentleman hits estate sales a lot. I assume that’s where he got it. I wish I could give you more info .i live in NC but I have no idea where he found. Next time I see him I will ask him where he got this piece .

thank you !

Pictures in natural light from all angles will help. 

These are awfully dark. 

0823181237a_Film1.thumb.jpg.5a7ae46e41e261c982afc2e2a9cf79a5.jpg

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Topics merged. No need to repost. ;) 

This looks like a piece of rock. l am not convinced that the hole is a foramen.  :headscratch:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Okay. I will try to get better lighting for y’all . I’m a rookie at this. 

Thank you for taking time with this.

Not knowing is the toughest with me ..